Kentucky’s growth story continues to be positive.
- In 2013, Kentucky announced 281 new location and expansion projects which will create more than 14,000 jobs and $3.3 billion in new investment.
- Kentucky ranked 1st among all states in the percentage growth of new business. (according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Last year, almost 40% of new investment and more than 30% of new jobs came from foreign direct investment.
- Exports of Kentucky made products are up 10% this year.
- The Kauffman Foundation Index ranks Kentucky 7th in the nation for entrepreneurial activity and first east of the Mississippi River (360 entrepreneurs per 100,000 people).
With a continued focus on business attraction and expansion, Kentucky is pointed to continue to be attractive to companies and entrepreneurs and will be a key player in the global economy for years to come.